Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Making Baby Food!

Blending Caleb's food in Amy's kitchen! I love making homemade, organic local baby food. Caleb is now eating: Sweet potato, squash, carrots, avocado, peas, broccoli, peaches, prunes, banana & rice cereal! I have never fed him to full capacity, because he always seems to want more! He gets very impatient when he knows that I'm warming up the food. and he squawks when i have to go around the corner to use the microwave.


After pureeing the prunes in the blender I put them in the ice cube trays to freeze, in the perfect portion sizes, and then once they are frozen i transfer them to a freezer bag and store them till I'm ready to defrost for a quick meal! A batch usually lasts a month or so.


A HUGE bowl of sweet potatoes, carrots, acorn squash, peas and an avocado ready to put into ice cube trays and freeze.  I steamed the first three ingredients until soft. Then blend them, and was shocked at how much it made! This will probably last into August! Good thing he likes it. (So does Emily!) The kids love to test out the "baby food"

Oh my! it was even behind his ears..HAHA. Matt graciously cleaned him up. This was the end result after the video i just posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment